Summer has arrived! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a great summer in Haines City is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. consistently recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: inspect your air filter consistently! Replace it per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. cut the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. in Haines City at 863-216-2923 today.