When it’s chilly in Haines City you depend on your heat pump to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair appointment coming up. Annual maintenance service from experts can keep your system operating properly and diagnose likely problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to keep an eye out for signals that indicate repair is required. Here are some of the most well-known symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be working correctly. Is it running enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem weak? These symptoms could point to a small problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump can’t get out of heating mode or cooling mode. When when you need to beat the heat outside, your heat pump lowers the temperature in your home by passing refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s chilly out, heat pumps change the process and carries refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to change modes, it may be time to contact an expert to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling normally. Your heat pump might be overheating if it is cycling on and off too frequently. This might indicate a simple problem. Your thermostat could need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a malfunction in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and unobstructed? If they are and the problem persists, contact a pro to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump is suddenly running loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
You’ll know when you need to set up heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The experts at Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.