Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Haines City are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of your filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder and can also lower the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. in Haines City will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 863-216-2923 and stay comfortable this summer.