Having routine air conditioning service performed at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Haines City summer, have the specialists at Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. complete your routine air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illicitly freeing it to the air.
- Inspect for efficient airflow through the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We recommend looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. today at 863-216-2923.