Maintaining your heat pump
is imperative to keeping it operating well and keeping you and your family warm during the Haines City chill. If you already called Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. for your annual tune-up, you’re absolutely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 863-216-2923 to get one on the calendar.
There are lots of simple things you can do in between professional servicing to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it functioning in peak shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters regularly and clean or change them when recommended. This is such a easy way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and uphold top efficiency.
- Determine if your coils and fans are open for ideal airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work vigorously and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are open and clear.
- If plants have budded up around your outdoor unit or clutter has gathered, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat frequently to confirm that it’s operating properly. Merely turn it on and gently increase the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and cozy matters to us. For more thoughts on DIY furnace maintenance or to schedule a tune-up with one of our experts, call Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. at 863-216-2923 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!