With warmer temperatures close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at peak efficiency, it can cut a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could significantly increase your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. specialist do air conditioning service
at least yearly is critical to keeping your system running efficiently for the long haul. He or she can be sure the unit is working properly and can identify possible concerns prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your skilled air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during colder months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and end with the need for major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
During the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or performing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you have a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. a call at [[phonenumber]].