It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like knowing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been discussed quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to evolve, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a number of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they understand your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the most savings possible. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to inform you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are designed for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can pick the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a number of benefits that can help increase your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. in Haines City has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 863-216-2923.