Whether you enjoy winter or favor the warmer months in Haines City, most of us make adjustments to make sure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a huge impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to identify any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your space warm. Keep them open when the sun is shining during the day, and make sure to close them at nighttime, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter routinely to see if it needs to be replaced. We suggest at least once every three months, but that period of time can vary from house to house.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can arrange temperatures to be on a lower setting when you are away from the home or sleeping. It’s just one way to be more efficient and help with energy costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have an adequate amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a useful tool to reduce the chances of heat escaping.
- Schedule routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring professionals to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is operating effectively and efficiently. They can also catch small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If your utility bills are continually increasing—despite your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. An expert at Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the selection of newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps decrease the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means your heating system will have a longer life.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. in Haines City a call to get started. Contact our team at 863-216-2923 or book an appointment with us online.