Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Haines City during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. will forever be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to see if it switches on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Air Commander's Heating & Air Conditioning Co. at 863-216-2923 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.